What is .TEL?
.TEL Domain Names offer a unique service that allows for the storage and universal access of contact information, thus boosting the Domain owners' online discoverability. It allows for integration of all your means of communication in a single place under your control.
Do I need to buy Web Hosting for a .TEL Domain?
No, .TEL Domain Names allow individuals and businesses alike to store and manage all their contact information and keywords directly in the DNS without the need to build, host or manage a website.
Who is eligible to register a .TEL Domain?
There are no restrictions or criteria for who can apply for a .TEL Domain; it is open to all. The selection and allotment of Domains is purely on a first-come, first served basis. There is no validation process involved either.
What is the term for which I can buy a .TEL Domain?
General domain registrations can be done for anywhere between 1-10 years.
Is it possible to transfer or sell a .TEL Domain?
Yes, just like every other domain extension, it is possible to transfer or sell a .TEL Domain.
A .TEL Domain enables you to store, update and publish all your contact information, web links and keywords directly on the internet under your own unique Domain Name. Simple, fast and accessible from any device, .TEL provides a new internet standard which allows you to take full control over how and where people reach you. The .TEL Domain delivers:
- Integration of any and all means of communication (i.e. Phone numbers, IM, VOIP, Email, Social Media).
- Full ownership of your published data - complete protection of your private data which is only viewable by people you authorize.
- Simple structured navigation to easily reach the most relevant information.
- Instant accessibility for your business or brand from any device connected to the internet. Your customers simply type your Domain into a browser, select a method of contact and click to initiate communication. It increases your business's discoverability online by allowing you to publish multi-lingual keywords for each department and location that are indexed by leading search-engines.
- The ability to specify multi-lingual, structured information and keywords.
- An effective mobile presence through optimized DNS lookups.
What are the restrictions on a .TEL Domain?
There are certain restrictions that have been mandated by the Registry for.TEL Domains. They are as follows:
- A Domain name must have a minimum of 3 characters and a maximum of 63 characters. This does not include the .TEL suffix.
- In accordance with the standard US ASCII script, every Domain name must contain at least one letter from a-z or 'A to Z'.
- Domain names cannot begin or end with a hyphen. Nor can they be a hyphen in the 3rd or 4th position of a Domain name.
- No .TEL Domain can consist purely of numbers.
- The .TEL naming conventions are explained in detail in the Acceptable Usage Policy.
- Domain names under this extension are subject to the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) for any related disputes.
Can I keep my data confidential?
A .TEL Domain enables you to protect your private data, allowing it to be seen only by people you authorize via a simple authentication request. Furthermore, you can choose which information you want specific people to see. A simple 'friending' request will enable this authentication and thus, allow your friends access to your data when they log in.
What is the procedure for the resolution of disputes regarding .TEL Domains?
.TEL Domains are subject to the Uniform Domain Name Resolution Policy (UDRP) which has an established procedure for resolving trademark disputes related to Domain Names.